Regular visits to beauty salons for manicures and other skin care treatment methods can get costly. The cost of buying the best quality natural skin care products for your hands, feet and as well as for your face and body really starts to add up over time. Many people tend to focus on their facial skin and ignore their hands, but the hands also need caring for as well. Rough, chapped hands can portray a less than desirable impression. It is surprising how many people take a mental note of the state of your hands and nails when they first meet you. Every beauty conscious person should pay equal attention to their face and hands. We have 4 great DIY beauty treatments for you to care for your hands and feet, naturally
The following is a simple and natural homemade recipe for a hand scrub, for the ultimate in DIY hand care.
- 1 tablespoon of white oats
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon milk
Mix the oats and water in a vessel and bring to boil until the water evaporates, making sure not to burn the oats. Place the oats in bowl and mix with milk and honey to form a paste.
• Wash your hands with a gentle soap
• Dry with your hands with a soft towel
• Apply the scrub on your hands and rub until a smooth leather forms
• Allow the scrub to remain on your hands for 15 minutes
• Wash the scrub off using warm water
• Dry your hands with a soft towel
• Apply some moisturizer on your palms and massage throughout your hands
• Use the scrub twice weekly to get the best results
DIY Foot Soak Recipe
Your feet will absolutely love this Minty Foot Reviver!
• Half a cup of sea salt
• 3 lime slices
• 7-9 mint leaves
• A couple of drops of lime essential oil. Add about 6-8 drops and combine with all these ingredients. Add them into a bowl filled with lukewarm water. Deep and soak your feet in mixture for about 15 minutes.
DIY Foot Scrub Recipe
This is a wonderfully moisturizing foot exfoliating treatment which will reveal softer, smoother feet in no time!
• 3 limes
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
• 14 fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 6-8 drops of lime essential oil
Finely cut the limes into smaller pieces, an compact these small pieces into a thick pulp before placing in a food processor. Mix the thick pulp of lime with the other ingredients in the bowl.
Gently apply this homemade foot scrub after removing your feet from the feet soak. Use circular motion when applying the scrub. Use warm water to remove the scrub while massaging with a damp towel. Rub on a mint moisturizer to leave your feet looking and feeling fresh.
One simple and fairly inexpensive way to get a baby smooth feel is with a paraffin bath that can be purchased at a beauty supply store or online. Make sure you carefully follow the directions, and that the temperature of the wax isn’t too hot to prevent burning your skin.
Paraffin treatments may be used as a DIY beauty treatment, but also for treating stiffness, aches and arthritis as the paraffin can retain heat. Once a hand, foot, knee or elbow is dipped into the liquid and removed, the paraffin turns into a solid wax and the heat (fusion) is absorbed into the body.
The heat from the paraffin also opens pores and increases circulation, which helps to leave your skin soft and radiant.
- Liquefy the paraffin according to the instructions.
- Dip your hands or feet into the wax (suggestion to hands and feet separately, you’ll want your hands free when doing your feet).
- Remove hands or feet and wait for a few moments to cool.
- Repeat this process several times for multiple layers of wax.
- Put on the gloves that typically come with the paraffin bath (or your own), or socks if you’re doing your feet, as it retains moisture.
- Relax for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel off wax to reveal beautifully soft skin.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Remove any excess wax from cuticles and underneath nails.
Spending just a little time on DIY beauty treatments for your feet and hands will make sure that your hands, feet and nails are kept healthy, nourished and looking beautiful, and that your skin never gets exposure to harmful ingredients.